Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursdays are for Spinners

Thursdays are for Spinners.  I learned a new way to draft wool batts in spin class today!!  Draft across the entire batt rather than in strips as I was doing previously.  I'm crossing my fingers that when I ply this yarn, the barber poling will be reduced.

The two singles have a nicely random color placement and are fairly consistent.  That was my goal with this spinning.  I can't wait to see how it plies!!!!!

 
The Color Pops!!  Each bit of grassy green, lavender, acid yellow, tomato red, and violet really zings throughout the yarn.

 I have grown so much as a spinner today, just by adjusting my draft.  This looks like a mature little ball of yarn.  I am super excited to crochet it up and add it to the handspun wool blanket I've been working on.

A big thank you goes out to Brenda, my spinning mentor, for suggesting this "draft across" method and to the latest issue of Ply, that detailed how to do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment